What is Hand-for-Hand play in tournaments?
What is Hand-for-Hand play and is it supported for tournaments?
- Hand-for-Hand play occurs when only one player needs to be eliminated before the tournament reaches in-the-money (ITM).
- In tournament poker, Hand-for-Hand stage is also known as the bubble.
- At this stage, cards for the next hand will not be dealt until all hands have been completed and requires all hands to be dealt at the same time.
- This will continue until one player is knocked out and the tournament reaches ITM. In tournament poker, this is known as when the bubble bursts.
- Hand-for-Hand play is intended to prevent players from stalling or deliberately taking as long as possible to act in hopes of reaching ITM.